Friday, October 21, 2005

and now, the rest of the story...

That phrase is probably going to end up involving me in a lawsuit because of copyright laws and Paul Harvey Jr., so I'll get this over with as soon as I possibly can.
We're up to tape 10 (I've still yet to load tape nine), we've broken the half-way point of shooting for the film Divine Manipulation of the Threads, and I've just about completed the first pass of the Official Trailer for the film. I'm on vacation from the news station next week and I'll more than likely spend a large portion of that "down time" working on rough cut edits, the trailer, loading tapes, and drinking beer before the strike of noon.
I truly love vacations. Even though I'm not going anywhere (no planned trips) and even though I have to remain somewhat responsible over the span of next week (you know, film stuff and having to get my car tags renewed)... I look forward to the option of sleeping in, playing a game or two, going to see some films at the Indie Memphis film festival (although the more I think about it the more I get pissed off about not having anything to submit this year because we're still working on it), being able to pretty much do whatever-the-hell-I-want-to-do, and mainly getting a break from work before the dreaded November ratings book.
November sucks to work in news. There is no time off, you have to be at a beckon call, I usually have to work Thanksgiving (because I'm not married, have no kids, and my family structure pretty much doesn't exist), and everyone I work with goes squirrel-nuts-fucking-crazy from stress, deadlines, and expectations that often fall somewhere around the realm of making Micheal Jackson seem as normal as a Ziggy comic strip. The stress is enough to knowingly hit yourself in the face with a shovel, and enjoy it...
"Oh, well wouldn't it be smart to take time off after such a draining span of time?" Yes, yes, it would... but seeing as how I'm riding the middle of the seniority totem pole, the December vacation book fills up mighty quickly. So, it would be nice... but taking time off in December "ain't gonna happen." Besides, I usually take some time off around the Indie Memphis film festival so that I can attend movies, drink at afterparties until the "breaka-breaka-dawn," and not have to worry about the day job until the following week. Sanity...
I've got a shoot with BSM this Saturday (the somewhat dreaded shoot that may eventually cause me greif) we're doing some pick-up shots with the PHONE GIRL SCENE on our movie early Sunday morning, and then I'm putting together a crew of people to go see OCEAN FRONT PROPERTY at 1pm on Sunday. It's a film that a friend of mine from Dallas acted/directed/shot/etc. He's coming to town for the festival and I would like to show a warm welcome. It's a great film and I highly recommend film lovers to see this Indie feature. It's an amazing work... and it's often hard for me to give compliments... but damnit, it's good.
I'll post again next week, change some things with the Official Rusted Sun Films site and post the new trailer by the end of the week. So far it's taken on a 70's jazz kind of cool feel. It will spark interest and make me think about all of the shots I would like to get further on down the road.
-B

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was sitting in the public library watching the trailor and as I tried to keep the laughing down to a minimum I ended up snorting in the process.I think I even wet myself a little.It's gonna be great!I can't wait to see the finished product.You guys are the BOMB!Oops I have to be careful about saying that,you tell one passenger on a plane he's the bomb and suddenly everybody freaks out,go figure.Anyway,I've started spreading the word.I just can't wait!!!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home