Monday, October 17, 2005

weekend nine: doing just fine...


Blond, James Blond... (yes it's a pun). Every once in a while I get excited about the James Bond series of films. I grew up watching them and they are one of the many reasons that I wanted to "grow up and make movies." I grew up on Roger Moore, learned to appreciate Sir Sean Connery as the birth of cool, rode along with Timothy Dalton, loved the re-birth of Pierce Brosnan, and would have liked to have seen more from George Lazenby. If there were ever an opportunity to arise for an American to play Bond, I would jump through hoops to play the part (I've been practicing my Proper-English accent).
So, kudos to Daniel Craig for snagging the role as the "new" Bond. I envy you, you bastard... you were absolutely fucking great in Layer Cake, I hated your sniveling bitch of a character in Road to Perdition (which was the very intention, I'm sure), and I cannot wait to see what you bring to James Bond. Put in a good word for me when you decide to bow out of the role.
So, with that underway, I will progress to the weekend update of production on Divine Manipulation of the Threads. This weekend marked the return of the very talented Ralph Hatley. Everyone was glad to have Ralph back in town for the weekend (even though we really didn't get to film that much with him.) Instead we focused on the shoots that involved the talented and lovely Tabitha Warren, who plays MARGARET, THE GUITAR MAN'S rather bitchy and intimidating wife. Through her interpretations, the audience gets to see who really wears the pants in that family.
We had a very long Saturday this weekend. We shot from 9am to 4:30pm at Anthony's house. Tabitha got to hit someone in the head (fake hit, of course) with a cast iron skillet, chase kidnap goons around the house, and threaten me with a knife. She did amazingly well for working with us for the first time... and I'll say that she did exactly what we wanted (and even knew all of her lines!). At 6:30pm we moved from our Bartlett location to the warehouse downtown. Yes, that's right... we're shooting in the warehouse once again. It's a great location... I can't help that it's got 4 decades worth of filth floating around every nook and cranny. We continued to shoot until 9:30pm and called it an evening. I drank some wine and went to sleep.
Sunday marked a continuation of working on the interiors of the warehouse. We only filmed for two hours, so everyone got to reclaim part of their weekend. I want to thank all of those individuals that showed up, helped move gear, acted, laughed, or had anything to do with the shoot this weekend. I truly enjoyed this weekend's shoot and can say without a doubt that we've crossed the half-way point of production. We're working on wrapping up the last scenes of the movie (and we might actually get this thing finished in a timely fashion).
I don't want to give away too much information of what we filmed this weekend. We want to keep some of the laughs for the film... for I have a tendency to run my mouth about everything. This film is hilarious. We'll continue to work on filming it.

HERE ARE YOUR THREADS FOR THE WEEK:

TABITHA: "So do you have some padding or something or should I just go for it?"
--referring to "the grab scene."
MUCK: "It's okay, you're not going to hurt anything... it's really small."
--referring to "the grab scene."
BEVAN: "Am I stereotyping the black male with all of the drugs, guns, and dialogue?"
--referring to every scene involving black males
HOWARD: "Yes, yes, you are..."
--responding to my question
MUCK: "See, I told you it was really small"
--referring to being grabbed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home