Monday, August 29, 2005

weekend five: talking that slow jive...


I'm fairly certain that the New Orleans Film Festival 2005 will either be delayed or (at worst case scenario) cancelled due to the flooding, destruction, and general mayhem that has been dropped upon the Crescent City. Filmmakers were going to hear from the festival on September 1st whether or not they were accepted and/or invited to take party in the New Orleans Film Festival (though I would assume that "we" probably didn't get in with A Cowboy's Silver Lining). I'll just accept it... though it would have been fun to go down there and be included in the film festival. So... we'll wait till the clouds, rain, sewage, and floating caskets clear up to find out what happens. I would hope that someone out there is running about with their camera documenting the whole thing. I'm sure the weather channel, the history channel, and several other cable networks would be interested for a first hand documentary. Sorry, I'm not up for it...
On the other hand, we had a very good time filming our scenes this weekend. Forrest Pruett put a breath of life into Stone Free Joey that made you choke and cough with giddy laughter. His addition of 10 scantily clad women, giggling, and rolling about the room also added to the contagious laughter. Filming went extremely well... everyone seemed to have fun... and we made the scene in good time.
The only moment we got behind filming was when we were waiting on a couple of our actors to arrive from various locations around noon. I won't bitch or complain too much... everything worked out, and it was well worth the time and effort to work all of that stuff into the scene. Joe Smith (a.k.a Robert "Pooch" Puchinelli), took quite a few production photos that we will be able to share with you as soon as I can get home and unzip file. I will warn you that the photos are mostly of women in "comfortable clothes," as they tended to fill the majority of the space in the room.
Soon there were only four of us left... Joe, Anthony, Brad, and I (a.k.a. - J.A.B.I.) were the only people left to finish the shoot for the day. Yeah, everyone else bailed. This part of the production took a little more time. We fought off the poor timing of jets taking off and landing... a neighborhood dog that wouldn't go home... some kind of strange banging that was coming from my neighbor's house... and Anthony bitching about his back hurting (I'm kidding... but not really... he was bitching). We finally figured out how to time the airplanes so that we could squeeze in one long take, I chased off the dog, figured that my neighbors had taken someone hostage, and got Anthony a beer (Anthony is to beer: as Popeye is to Spinach). After a few more shots we were done for the day.
Now I'll have to start going over to "The Studio" during the week to load the computer full of video and start rough-cutting these scenes together. The juices are flowing. I'm thrilled about seeing this come together. It's a funny movie. I just hope that it will be funny when it's done. That all comes down to editing... and timing... and fart jokes. Look for the production photos soon (here and @ www.rustedsunfilms.com ).

Here are a couple of THREADS from this weekend:

BRAD: When do we get to film the girl on girl kissing scene?
JOE: Bevan's head looks like it's going to explode.
BEVAN: Jason, I never thought I would say this... but... take your clothes back off.
JOE: That's not the nipple shot we were promised.
BEVAN: Anthony, I thought I told you to call the airport and get rid of those planes? Do I have to do everything around here? ANTHONY: You could try acting...

-Bevan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home