Tuesday, November 01, 2005

vacation after the vacation...


Thank you to all of those that spread kind words of praise after watching our little trailer for our newest of new film projects. I believe I can speak for everyone at Rusted Sun Films that we love making these things to share with all of you. As it has been stated in so many of the responses... I can't wait to see the entire film either.
I managed to edit about three more scenes for Divine Manipulation of the Threads and we're continuing to roll on this track of actually getting things done. This coming weekend marks yet another stage of hurdles to jump through, as I've just been informed that someone has ONCE AGAIN BROKEN INTO OUR WAREHOUSE LOCATION AND FUCKED UP THE POWER GRID. Seriously... will you assholes knock it off?!? I don't have the energy (no pun intended) to deal with people sabotaging our shoots. So, we've either got to borrow a generator (which will more than likely become a sound issue, or I've got to buy a series of lights that will operate on battery power). If I ever find out which crackheads are stealing the copper wiring out of that building, I'm going to castrate them with a wooden spoon... or a plastic spork... whichever will leave a lasting impression so that they soon not forget that there is a price to pay when you steal. Just so you know, it's not going to be replaced or repaired again... so there will be no more copper wiring to steal. I'll give you a fistful of pennies if you just walk out into traffic.
Anyway, with all hopes, it shouldn't be too expensive of a problem to solve for the weekend. Hopefully.
So, what happens when you make plans for almost every single day of your vacation? You end up needed more time to recuperate from your "time off." One thing can be said for taking time off this year... I've learned the hard way that I cannot drink nearly as much as I used to... Nor can I cope with the sordid hours of fuzzy-headed confusion and displacement that occur in the wake of such said post-imbibing madness. I liked playing my days away as a filmmaker. I've got to find some way to make money off of that.
On another note, I'm wondering if I have anything left to shoot for Black Snake Moan. Someone today said that there was a newspaper article that mentioned the production had completed shooting. Now, that can mean a series of things... but I don't know what exactly it means. I guess I'll just wait to hear if they still plan on shooting "that scene." Happy Late Halloween to those that care.
We'll keep you posted of the progress, problems, and changes as they slam into my face during the week.
-B

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, CC suggested I look at the trailer and it is so cool. My wife and I can't wait until your film comes out. Regards, Joe

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home