Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rounding the bend

Well, we finished up the grand premiere run of the film on Thursday, April 6th. It was a good time. I learned a few things about the film, about the people that came to see it, and I was taken aback by the massive strength and support of the individuals involved in this film. Many of them took it upon themselves to become our "street team" to put out flyers, posters, generate interest through word of mouth and short skirts. We may have made an entertaining film... but without the assistance of these fantastic people, I doubt that many people would have seen it.
I've heard fantastic stories of random people sharing their opinions, reviews, and "need to go see this movie" enthusiasm with others city wide. I think that we may have done something terribly right for a change.
The exhaustion is starting to take retreat... I'm getting a little more sleep... and there have been a few nights when I've been able to go home, cook a decent meal, and enjoy the simple comforts of sitting on my ass and watching "Lost." Currently we are undertaking the small project of editing the "joke documentary" that merely includes interviews and bloopers. It should be relatively short and sweet... and gives an inside look at how goofy we are on set. Because if you're going to make a feature length film with no budget... you should have at least have fun doing it. It looks like most of us did.
I share my birthday with the "Jesus party" known as Easter, this year. I'll be 29. I'll have you know that growing up sucks... I either have a pulled muscle in my back or I have a kidney stone... and I can't drink like I used to. Apparently you do have to take better care of yourself. I'll be on a much needed vacation following the birthday change-over. I don't have plans... maybe catch up on a few movies... have a couple of good meals... sleep a lot... and of course, finish up the details of the DVD for replication. The work never ends. Yeah, there will be another one in the works sometime soon.
Thank you once again to everyone who made our premiere showing great. Thanks for everyone that helped. Thanks for putting up with me. Thank you thank you thank you. I'll be in touch soon.

-B

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only do you make entertaining movies but your writing style is rather enjoyable, Making reading your blog a real treat...The Movie was great...Hats Off to all involved

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your movie Bevan! Life is crazy, and so is getting older. I'm 28 with a full time job and a 2 year old. That in itself is crazy. A bottle of tequilia lasts quite a lot longer than it used to, and the cops don't get called when we drink it. Changes. . .

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bev,
Have you done any other movie projects recently?
Artie

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home