Tuesday, December 27, 2005

after the christmas calm...

This isn't exactly what my eyes took in on Christmas eve but it's pretty damn similar to what a Tucson Charlie Brown Desert Christmas looks like. The mountains around Christine's parent's house (double possession?) make me miss the mountains even more. It was a frigid 80 degrees on Christmas day. The vacation was just a little short. However, we needed the break like a junkie needs smack. I hope that everyone was refreshed over the holiday because this Saturday brings us right back to work on the last days of production. That's right... were' almost finished with the shoots on this film and I'm growing even closer to having to bleach my hair. Christine insists on going to a "professional" to get the bleach job "done right"... so apparently I have no choice in the matter and the "pro" doing the job has to have a mouth full of "chaw" and a mullet to make sure that it's "dun raight." I much prefer the Ralph Macchio approach taken in the film The Outiders. Just find a sink, some peroxide, a switch blade, and try to make it look like you're not playing for the "other team."
I think that the moustache I decided to sport for the past week did enough of that for my reputation. See, there's a man with his arm around me. I told him that I didn't want to play Brokeback Mountain but he just wouldn't listen to reason.
Burt Reynolds, you should watch your back and keep on the look out or Joe Smith and I are going to do a remake of Smokey and the Bandit so fast that you won't have time to shovel down a Diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper. It could be done. All we need now is Keira Knightley to play the Sally Field role (because I have to have her deliver the line: "I think I'm in love with your belt buckle." )... and (apparently) we'll need a shit-load of blow. I'm not judging, but you know that movie (much like the Cannonball Run) was fueled on cocaine. I just wonder how they managed to keep it out of the moustache on all of that film.
So, welcome back from the Christmas hustle and flow... Let's keep truckin' on production and manage to make this film the best Gol'damn Indie film this side of the Pacos. 2006 will be the year of Rusted Sun Films, guaranteed... and very soon everyone will be talking about the break-out film Divine Manipulation of the Threads.

And remember:
Nobody, and I mean NOBODY makes Sheriff Buford T. Justice look like a possum's pecker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home