Thursday, November 17, 2005

not another wednesday evening...



The Rusted Sun Films team (left to right: Brad Alsobrook, C. Marie Connolly, Bevan B. Bell, and Anthony Howald) attended a premiere screening of Robert Saba's first feature film, Delusions last night (Wed. Nov. 16th). I'm sure that all of us would say that we showed up to support fellow film makers, the Indie process, and "network" with all of the shiny happy people that managed to make it to The Complex last night. Truthfully (my own reason) the reason for making face was that I performed as one of the main characters in the film, produced, assisted in some camera work, stunt choreography, and did special effects make-up (mostly bruise and blood work). Delusions was "the other film" that I was intimately involved in over the last few months. I was excited to finally see the finished product and share in everyone's joy that they have completed through months of hard work. The film came across the projected screen with all of the rough-around-the-edges-fantasy intended.
The film is a little... um... dirty. It deals with people's choices... bad choices, at that. My character, Cyrus, is a leg-breaker. I'm the guy that you don't want to see coming to your door when you owe someone a lot of money. Most of the time I just belt out speeches about making "smart decisions" or how easy it is for people to "change the error of their ways." However, close to the end of the film, I have to kick some dead-beat ass. Everyone else that acted in the film was fantastic. Chris Ross (who we have the pleasure of working with on Divine Manipulation of the Threads) did an amazing job as a shitty-drugdealer that tries to make a change once he realizes that his actions are hurting the people he loves. After seeing his performance as a whole I started to understand the character a little better. The great thing about it was that I didn't think that I was watching Chris... ...I was watching PARKER. And PARKER is a piece of shit. So, great acting. Tiffany Pemberton did a fantastic job for her first time out of the gate. She really put some great emotional performances on the table and carried it away. Seeing Forrest Pruett as a hard ass pimp was a welcome change of pace for his characters... he always surprises me with something good. Muck, Hollywood, Lee Mauney, Travis, Sparky (and everyone else)... very good work. The performances specifically shine because all of the acting was IMPROV. I'm not knocking anyone. Without all of these great actors and talented crew, this film wouldn't have been as great. It would take some time to mention all of the actors and particulars of the characters that I liked. Everyone should be proud. I want to thank everyone that complimented me last night on the acting. It's always very hard to watch myself in serious roles. I'm glad that I didn't come off poorly (at least from what was shared with me). Robert, you had a great premiere... keep the momentum going. If you let it lull or get side-tracked you'll never forgive yourself.

So, this coming Friday marks another late night for shooting on "DIVINE". We should wrap up a few characters for the film. I took a look at the "director's script" last night and we're riding the line of being 2/3 of the way through shooting. I've got a lot of scenes edited and I'm very excited about finishing the project. "DIVINE" is a quite a different movie when compared to "COWBOY." Now, I've got to find a heater and a generator for power. I hear that Home Depot rents them.

-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home