Monday, November 21, 2005

weekend thirteen: muh-mucker it's cold ( and a blast from the past)


Last Friday and Saturday marked another little adventure in making a feature length motion picture with absolutely no budget what so ever. As I had mentioned previously, the power grid at our warehouse location has pulled a Harry Houdini (disappearing and or dead) which made the possibilities of shooting our nighttime scenes nill to none. I like to think that overcoming obstacles with this film is something worth working towards and the act of beating these problems to a pulp should serve as a warm fuzzy feeling of accomplishment and strength in the face of adversity. When (baby) it's cold outside, and we've got to shoot out in the open air (or cold closed concrete spaces) logistics becomes a little bit of an issue. You've got to play nice and keep your actors warm. Now, actors will take a fair amount of abuse for their art. They'll do almost anything necessary to keep the production moving and keep the director happy with their performances. However, there are lines that are drawn. I hope that no one got sick from laying on the concrete floor Friday night. Thanks to everyone that stayed late into early Saturday morning. Thanks to everyone putting up with the cold. I did cut a few corners and decided to not put congealed "fake blood" on everyone that I wanted to. I was also told that I couldn't ruin Bob Nelson's Hugo Boss suit. That's a shame because I really want to be able to ruin expensive clothing... but on the other hand, I like Bob... and I don't really want him pissed at me (Bob called at 8:30am this morning to tell me how much fun he had and wanted to work with us again).
Chris Ross also did a fantastic job of bringing Tracy Adair back to life over the weekend along with his laughable counterpart, Kong - played by Freddie Mitchell. Those two are hilarious. Friday night Chris was pulling some jokes that made me laugh so hard that I simply couldn't get the shot. I actually had to walk away from the camera on several occasions. Howard Hodo made an Oscar-worth performance after being shot, Bob Nelson killed (on film anyway). Jessie King, Earl Thigpen, Marcus Seaberry hit the cold cold ground with realism everytime. T.D. and Travis were very kind to me after multiple takes of "being shot" and getting to the point where I know they were freezing their asses off. Friday night was the first time that I've actually seen a black man's nose turn bright red.
So, Saturday we caught a little sleep, pushed back the shooting schedule by an hour (because I was mother f-ing tired tired tired), we dealt with the pains of shooting on a public city street (and all of the vagrants that meander the sidewalks of Downtown Memphis), watched another cold front come in, and delicately balanced the scene we were going to shoot for the day because we forgot to bring another tape. The wind was a pain in the ass, we were hit up for money and cigarettes, I wasn't sure if a certain actor was going to make the shoot for the day, but we did have some fantastic new hands-on-deck for the production portion of this weekend misadventure. Lisa Kiesel, Arnold Edwards, and Dayna (I forgot your last name, sorry) were invited to come "play movie" with us this weekend doing an absolutely fantastic job (as I would expect no less).
So, for those of you that remember, or think that it's amusing... here is a little bonus picture from the days of long hair. Yeah... what the hell...

HERE ARE YOUR THREADS FOR THE WEEK:

1.) ANTHONY: It was a really large clit. There was a tumor in it.
BEVAN: I don't care how drunk you were, when you're sucking d!ck, you know that you're sucking d!ck.

2.) BRAD: That guy showed you his MATA card to prove that he was homeless?

3.) ANTHONY: Did you see the tumor on that guys ear?
BEVAN: Yeah, he had a tumor in his clit.

4.) CHRIS: Do you have a tampon? I hear that they're really good for bullet holes.

5.) BEVAN: That's the first time that I've seen a black man's nose become red. I guess he's cold.

1 Comments:

Blogger M.Sea said...

Bevan, dude, it's Markus with a K...ya'll got me paranoiod about the movie credits. It was no problem,though, man. I actually wanted the blood. Hopefully, Rusted Sun Films will be another one of my "film families".

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home