Monday, July 25, 2005

the land of the boiling sun...

I bitched about the heat in Tucson. I mildly complained about the Memphis simmering summer before I went on vacation a few weeks ago. But holy crap has it been hot this week! I know that it's been hot enough in some of these areas around the country to kill people. That's got to be a rough way to go. So, there's my small talk.
Here's the real news:
On Sunday, Rusted Sun Films held their first cast and crew meeting for the feature film Divine Manipulation of the Threads. It went off very well (if I do say so). I believe that everyone was entertained by the script. I promised them that it would be a comedy... and the laughs definitely reassured me. We welcomed some new faces to the Rusted Sun Films family and had a good time. Some people couldn't make the meeting due to conflicts and they were missed. However, there were those that said that they would be there, didn't show, didn't get in touch with us, and didn't return messages. That's a big no-no.
There are great opportunities that are made and lost with projects such as this. I'm not saying that we're going to make a movie deal worth millions of dollars that will get everyone involved with the project instant Hollywood fame... but I'm also not saying that the idea is an impossibility. I don't like wasting people's time as I equally don't like having my time wasted. Every bit of time we have to work on this project is important. Those who have worked on various indie films previously know the ropes and know that there are hard working people giving their all.... usually for free. No one likes being jerked around.
Anyway, the ball is rolling. We'll most likely start production this week and into the weekend. We've got a lot of things to shoot, edit, etc. etc. Time to start a'crackin'.
-B

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bevin... This is Nick. I am looking forward to doing what I can to help with or in the film. I wasn't able to come to the meeting of coarse because my baby was born on Sunday, July 24th @ 8:13 pm. Hopefully I will be able to come in the near future. Here is the link to me and my friends film trailer. We will be having the premier sometimes mid August. www.chaptersthemovie.com/trailer.wmv

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just a reader.... and also I'm a hard-worker that like to put in a lot of my time to make a future for myself. So if you ever hire me in your movie I guarantee I will call you whenever something comes up and that's the way it should be. It's like having a job and you're sick well you call in to work and bring a work excuse. I really like the script and I hope I can get a scene in this movie soon.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home