Monday, July 18, 2005

back to the grind...




On Friday (7-15) I was reminded again of my wonderful extended vacation in San Francisco. I thought to myself, "You know, this time last week I was enjoying a nighttime bonfire on the beach. It was foggy, the beer had sand all over it, the sound of the tide slurshed and slammed, and although it had it's pros and cons I really enjoyed every little second of it. Now I'm back at work." Coming back from vacation is always a little depressing... but we always have to come back. I might have been coming back to Memphis and having to go back to work to pay the bills... but I'm also coming back to make some damn fine films.

I was involved with two production meetings this weekend. The first was with Anthony, Christine, and Brad. The idea was to get everything together so that we can have the first cast and crew meet and greet for our next film Divine Manipulation of the Threads. We will be setting things to film very shortly afterwards. I also got to take a look at our new toy-- The DVX100. What a great little camera! The 24p mode is simply amazing. I'm really looking forward to playing with that camera. The second meeting was for an improv project that will take place in the near future. It's an interesting concept (I still need to read the script).

The initial date for getting all of this film stuff done is Christmas (Dec. 25th). If you don't make a deadline for yourself, then you can stretch it out forever with excuses and all the like. So, everything will be finished by Christmas if not sooner. Look for the signs! I would really like to have Sushi for dinner. Sekisui is by far the best I've had in Memphis. The only other comparable establishment I've found in my travels is Osome' in San Francisco. I've had Sushi in a lot of big cities. The Darth Vader roll and the Lava roll are absolutely gluttonous. Check it out when you get the chance (I think it's on Fillmore). Peace!
-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home