Wednesday, January 26, 2005

boy, oh boy

Well, it would be foolish not to mention the great success that Craig Brewer's film "Hustle and Flow" has had at the Sundance Film Festival. With the deal purchase of $16 Million dollars, the people behind the film have guaranteed a string of films and have made quite a name for themselves as up and comers in the film community. Now, I'm not talking about Indie Films. This success will more than likely move the team above and beyond the realms of "Indie." Good for them. I'm proud that their hard work and diligence has paid off quite well. Congrats once again to Craig and John.
Now, on a more personal note I have been working on the www.rustedsunfilms.com website again. As of today (1-26-05) the grand transformation has not taken place. However, there will be a very large facelift to come. I've been working quite hard at getting it all in order. I've also spent the last few evenings typing away on my computer keyboard pushing out a new script. The heist film script will be funny and quick witted. There will most likely be a few moments that have that harsh little Tarantino kind of animal instinct/violence... but they will be few and far between. At 90 mins (if we hit that) there has to be something to grab the audience's attention. I lean a little bit toward violent oddities, rather than frogs falling from the sky... Especially when you're dealing with the subjects of thieves. I'm obviously still brainstorming.
The heist script should be finished sometime soon, as long as I still make the time to work on it. Oh, how I would love to have the time to work on films all day (be it actually acting, filming, or brainstorming a new script and idea) and have the money to pay the bills--thus, keeping the cycle going. We all want to do what we love. Some are luckier than others.
-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home