Thursday, March 31, 2005

fear and loathing on the wedding trail...

I believe Hunter S. Thompson said it best with the simple and yet somehow overstated observation, "Spending five days in Vegas is like spending five years." (I'm paraphrasing) It's almost too simple, however, if you've ever been in Las Vegas for a five-day non-stop drunken whirlwind up and down the strip, in and out of bars, slinging money at talkative cabbies, and wondering how you got to the 10th floor hotel room because the past five minutes had just been eaten out of your brain... then you might be able to find some strange common ground with five days stretching into the vague blurred memories of five years.
I did have quite a blast while in Vegas. There were so many insanely sloshed moments that I could (and most likely will) at some point write a book all about the misadventures. Too many cigarettes, too many drinks... Finding the nutrition to stay up and fight off the Sandman with blades of steel... police officers... carpet... terrible bathrooms (the bathrooms being an entire chapter all unto their own). I kind of look forward to trying to make sense of it all.
Anyway, I'm back now. I need to get to work on the script and the storyboards. There was a nice little look at the current body of work, DMotT (I've decided not to print the entire name out, lest some bastard take it for their own creative work). There were some various points and questions that I've got to make sure the script answers-- or at the least, I know the answer to-- or I will have to tread back into the lines of manic mess and either add or delete certain moments. It's a good script. People taking various looks and having various questions about scenes will only make it a better piece of work. I've got to be able to answer these questions or at least have the script show the audience the answer. So, I'll be tearing through it for the next couple of days.
I've also got to do some homework for my next acting gig. David Lee's next film leaves the responsibility of building a character mostly up to my imagination. Creativity is a necessity. With all good hopes, it will be steaming from the pores of my flesh by sundown. We've got to get this train moving. Hopefully there won't be any further carloads to strap on for a while. Derailing the train of thought should not be allowed to happen. Therefore, no more drinking for me (for a little while anyway). It's okay. I'm sure I'll make up for it at some point. What is all of the hard work for if you can't take a vacation tearing through time and space?
-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home