Friday, March 18, 2005

Friday yawns and a new hat...

I've been in Nashville, due to work, for the last couple of days. Roadweary is one good explanation of the vibrations coursing through my brain. I've seen enough highway for a few days... but Satellite Radio helps. I'm hooked to the 50's channel. I've been doing some research on 50's music that I would love to use in a film. I truly desire to use these tunes in my next feature project, however, the music industry is quite hungry and ruthless when it comes to purchasing the usage rights to songs. There is no real desire to "work with" indie projects that have no budget or means to gain a budget. So, I'll save all of these wanton plots and ploys for another day, another project, etc. etc.
On the long and weary drive home from Nashvegas I received a phone call from Anthony. He had made it through the first draft of the "heist" script. He had some of the same questions that had been brought up before, which makes things a little easier to point out and fix when it comes to the second draft. So, I'll most likely be doing that this weekend. It should take about 10 minutes. Seriously, they're little fixes... of course, I'm not a seasoned pro when it comes to writing a screenplay. I do, however, like to think that I'm capable at creating interesting and compelling dialogue.
I still have not come up with a "witty" or "clever" title for this project. "A Cowboy's Silver Lining" manifested it's title from a bit of dialogue in a rather important scene. It just seemed to make sense to give it the monicre "A Cowboy's Silver Lining." I haven't found anything for this project yet. That kind of bothers me. I'm sure I'll get the same responses as the last one... for now, here are a few thoughts on the title"
"There's always a Plan-B"
"Abraham Ashley and The Guitar Man"
"Mambo Criminale" (that's just stupid, I know)
"White Collar"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home