Friday, February 25, 2005

I want my Home Theater back, you bastards!

I'll bring you up to speed. For Christmas I recieved a Toshiba DVD/VHS Combo Home Theater Surround Sound System. I know, pretty fancy. It cost my girlfriend quite a bit of dough from what I understand. I loved it. It was the best present I had recieved since she gave me a Satellite Radio on my birthday (which by the way I suggest you go right out to your local electronics store and pick up XM Radio). I was able to finally watch A Cowboy's Silver Lining in 5.1 Dolby Surround. Yeah, we mixed the movie in Surround Sound. So, I loved it. Even stereo television sounded amazing. I heard things on films and DVDs that I didn't even know existed. It was magic. It was like falling in love with Cinema all over again.
Well, that lasted two weeks. All of a sudden the DVD player just stopped reading DVDs. Oh, it read CDs just fine... it just wouldn't play movies. So, I called up Toshiba. They said to take it into one of their certified service locations, Jim's TV Repair. Yeah, I know, that should have been the first sign. The second sign was bringing it into the repair shop. The place looked like one of those car repair establishments that always have cars stacked end to end with no sign of getting anything fixed.
Long story short, Three weeks later I called Toshiba and complained. They offered to send me a brand new Home Theater. That was two weeks ago. In that time Raging Bull 25th Anniversary Edition has come out. The 30th Anniversary Edition of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is out. There are so many damn movies I want to watch and I'm stuck with the crap that cable has to offer. Hell, the only reason I have cable is for Adult Swim on Sunday night.
So, FedEx... get your shit together and ship my motherf#cking Home Theater back before I go all Taxi Driver on you, eh? Ship it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home