Friday, March 04, 2005

wish I was there...

A Cowboy's Silver Lining is screening tonight at the Hearts and Minds Film Festival in Wilmington, DE. I'm stuck here in Memphis. I don't have the money to fly out there and join the festival merriment. Instead I am forced to work another day of Friday news coverage, hoping that "someday my dream will come." Someday I'll be able to travel and schmooze with all of the other film makers at festivals. I'll be able to make friendly connections. I'll have the freedoms to go where I want, when I want (though I don't really know anyone like that at the moment-- and perhaps if I did know such a person, they would have been able to pay my way to this great festival in Wilmington). To tell the truth, the only other festival we've been accepted to at the moment will take 5 hours to get there. I'm excited to go... but five hours is a long time to drive. Then we have to make the drive back after the festival. Yeah, yeah... complain, complain. Nashville is only 3 hours away. I wouldn't mind going there (hint, hint). I hope that even though I couldn't make it, that people will still see my film. It may show to an empty audience. Maybe not. If I were in Wilmington, you bet your ass that I would be pimping my movie out to everyone I possibly could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home