Monday, March 21, 2005

finish what you've started...

There are a great number of "filmmakers" out there (a lot here, that I've noticed) that talk a lot about films, perhaps get some scenes shot, maybe edit a few things together... then fall short and never get their film done. They incorporate a lot of people, a great deal of hope and belief, and (at times) even manage to throw together a fair amount of money. Then this little project of daydreams never sees completion... It's sad but it happens all of the time.
I've been lucky enough to find a home with Rusted Sun Films. RSF is a place where dreams come true and projects get done. They've got the drive and organization to put a project through the gauntlet and finish the long and drawn out process that is making a feature film. We did it with ACSL. We're going to do it with the next project.
I've talked about the next screenplay. It's finished (as far as I know). I'm going to allow a little more feedback from a select few but as far as I'm concerned, it's ready to go. Now, were still in the pre-production stages. However, I'm not lagging on that front either. I started ripping out some storyboards onto paper. That takes time. Storyboards are probably the most grueling part of pre-production (at least from my stand point). I most likely take that stance because I have to draw each and every freakin' shot I think that we might use. The diligence in this process maps out the movie in my head. Seeing as how I'll most likely be Director of Photography on this project again (and most likely C0-Director-- yeah, I'm a control freak but Anthony and I work very well together on this stuff) the story boards will help more than I like to admit.
When we did A Cowboy's Silver Lining, Anthony and Brad were adamant about making sure I did them. I don't even know if we looked through them after the fact... and I'm pretty damn sure we didn't look at them when we filmed... however, it is quite eerie of how the film follows the storyboards in comparison. The images get stuck in your head (or when you sketch the boards out, one envisions what the would like to see in the film-- at least that's how I think).
People ask, "When will you start filming." Unfortunately I don't have a concrete date or deadline. I know it will be a little later this year. I've got to finish all of the paperwork, get locations locked, and hold auditions. (I do have a great number of actors that I have imagined in these roles... but everyone will have to audition... even me) So, I'll keep you all abreast (ha ha) of the situations as they roll from pen to paper. For now, I have to get back to actually working.
-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home