Friday, February 11, 2005

The first two of many...

The news is out. A Cowboy's Silver Lining has been accepted to two up and coming film festivals this year. The Bare Bones International Film Festival and The Hearts and Minds Independent Film Festivalhave both invited us to participate in their festival festivities. I'm pretty sure that some of us will make the treck out to Muskogee, Oklahoma for the Bare Bones fest. You see, Oklahoma is a lot closer than Wilmington, Delaware... but hey, I've never been to Delaware... So, we might just have to make a trip.
I've heard that film festivals are quite fun, especially if you get to go out of town to visit them. I'm looking forward to the adventures. I hope that we'll win some titles or something. All of the festivals have great things to offer. Would I be selfish in saying that the most important part is to win something? That is the point of sending out to festivals... to win... well, and the possibility of getting distribution. Showing your films to people is great, too but nothing beats winning some notoriety.
That's where we stand. Hopefully we'll be invited to a few more festivals before the end of the year. I'm still planning on sending out to more festivals but for the possibility of those from festivals reading this, I would like to be invited to participate in your festival. I'm not trying to break any records or anything. I am trying to get this movie shown to people. I am trying to win. I'm trying to get all of the people that worked their ass off in getting this movie made some kudos. So, can we come and visit? Good, we'll see you soon. I'll bring some beer.
-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home