Monday, January 31, 2005

packing and shipping and bears, oh my!

After a long evening of updating the rustedsunfilms.com website (pretty neat, ain't it?) I managed to get some festival submissions out in the morning. The downtown post office is relatively slow in the morning. However, I got four press kits and movies out in the mail today. I've often wondered if having the the postage date on the specific last day for calls is going to come back and bite me in the ass. If you've ever wondered what madness it takes to get things shipped... you should scroll down the page a little bit and read the rather detailed description of the woes of getting off to the festivals... here's a preview... it's expensive, time consuming, and relatively ass chapping. Anyway, we did some more of that this morning.
The boys from Memphis that got their films into Sundance absolutely braised some Indie Film butt cheeks. "Hustle and Flow" and "Forty Shades of Blue" took home the top awards and made festival history with purchase deals. Perhaps this will become a shining beacon of things to come. I would love to see Memphis become Hollywood South (instead of Louisiana--don't get me wrong. I love New Orleans but I don't want to drive 5 f-ing hours down there for a two minute audition ever again... not to mention the drive back).
So, does anyone want to help make a film? I would love to have the money to purchase the usage rights to some 50's music for this next film. I guess I would have to finish writing it first. I don't know, people can sell ideas before finishing the paperwork but selling a half-baked idea only works with stoners and people with so much money they can buy a Chocolate Factory. Stoners and Chocolate go well together. Come to think of it, if they made a candy bar named Stoner it might get some sales... just because of the name. Wait a second, I'm lost. What was I talking about?
Oh, check out the website and I'll let you all know if any of this hard work and shipping money pays off in the long run. I mean, we should at least get into Nashville... one would hope... just being from Tennessee and stuff.
Quitting smoking sucks too.
-B

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it takes a big man to post a comment anonymously. I would set up a blog account, but I am too damn lazy and drunk. So I will just put my name in the post M. Jamison. Oh and Bevan if you need some cheese I'll help as much as possible. Just get my # from Chris.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home