Monday, June 06, 2005

diffr'nt strokes for diffr'nt folks...

Well, there was an interesting weekend of filming for various projects and different film makers this weekend here in Memphis. David Lee started his first day of shooting on Saturday, Robert Saba continued through the days and nights of filming as well this weekend, there were production meetings for Arnold Edwards' "Third Wheel Date," and apparently my friend Forrest "Stoney Joe" Pruett has managed to land an acting role in his 6th simultaneous production. I thought that I had it rough... 6 Forrest? 6?
I'm enjoying the acting process again. It's a little different when you get to act as opposed to directing, writing, shooting, producing, and acting. I just got to sit there and play a character for a change. I guess I find watching the process from another angle more than entertaining. I get to see what I was going through when making my film... all of the insecurities and laughter... all of the different methods to the madness. I don't know how David Lee can sit down in shorts on the steaming hot pavement while filming a shot... but that's just me. Robert got the giggles for a while too... we had to take a break after six aborted attempts at filming a shot. Sometimes things are just funnier than others when you're working on no sleep.
Christine has surprised me this weekend. She has insisted that if I'm going to be working on films that she has a role to fill as well. She is now helping produce three different films. I found it amusing that she had to get up and play "movie maker" this Sunday while I got to sleep in a little bit. I don't want it to sound like I'm lazy and didn't get up to help her... I just needed sleep.
Anthony, Christine, Brad, and I should start production on Charles' project sometime in the near future... and we haven't made any hard decisions on casting for Divine Manipulation of the Threads as of yet, so Jason... calm the hell down. We'll let people know when we make the choices. As a matter of fact, there will probably be a list here and then Forrest will add some information to his little internet calendar and everyone will be happy.
On another note, I talked to Jamey Tucker this weekend. I'm trying to stay on him about his Raindog script. Hopefully, some time within the next year we will be working with Jamey on his first feature film production. It's a helluva script and it should mark another great "style" turn for Rusted Sun Films. More likely than not, it will be our first "romantic comedy" but we've still got a way to go on many fronts. We still haven't even started production on DMoftheT.
Sorry if this isn't as crazy as the past couple of days. I'm sure that as this week presses on that things will get worse. We've got some filming dates, we need some production time... I've got to have a moment of calm thought in order to schedule some things for our "little" movie that calls for at least 30 named and featured characters.
Cinderella Man was great. If we can only keep Russell Crowe from throwing phones at people.
-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home