Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Another birthday gone and the trip that looms ahead

Much to my surprise, Friday morning brought an early rise and a hungover plane flight to Newark. The obvious desired destination was New York City. Previous to this weekend's past exhibit, I had never been to NYC. While we were there, we never left Manhattan. It would have been nice to see some of the other areas of New York but I only had two and a half days to stuff a lot of planned birthday activities in. I did get to see a great show at Birdland. It was expensive but worth every single monetary drop. I also got to see the dress rehearsal of Saturday Night Live (which included a live rehearsal of Beck's new single and another track... exciting to say the least). I could go into great detail but I'm adding this trip in with the Las Vegas trip descriptions for a book. I've been working on it a little bit in my spare time. After this weekend I'll have far too much to write about and I'll have to focus on the next film instead of all of this "traveling." However, my girlfriend Christine really came through for a great 28th birthday. I felt every bit of 28 when we left the city. It must have been all of the walking.
So, this weekend we're going out to the Bare Bones International Independent Film Festival. I hope to bring back some festival prizes. I think that we're still up for at least four awards. Cross your fingers. We'll need some luck. The drive to Muskogee, Oklahoma starts tomorrow after work. I'll have to remember to wear my glasses. Anyone want a shirt or ashtray?
Other than that, I really need a good night's sleep. I'm in desperate need of that. All of this running around with trips and working a full time job and trying to get a movie on the production move is really taking it out of me. Was it like this last year? I don't really remember. I remember feeling frazzled and really really busy. That's just the name of the game, I guess... work hard when you're young and able to put up with all of the abuse and somewhere down the line you can sit back with a Mohito and soak up all the benefits of busting your ass. At least that's how I've been told that it's worked in the past.
Oh, do look up on what the makings of a Sake Mohito is. That's some good drinkage.
-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home