Thursday, April 07, 2005

The new phone book is here! The new phone book is here!

I tried not to steal the idea from my good friend Jamey Tucker's blog, when he made reference to the film, "The Jerk." His title started out with "I'm somebody now..." Let me get to the point.
Occasionally I'll do a GOOGLE search for "A Cowboy's Silver Lining." I just like to see what comes up. Sometimes it's someone mentioning the film in a review, another blog, or even the Internet Movie DataBase. There are even some links to movie lists overseas somewhere. Earlier this morning as I was reaching the end of my morning "surf" routine I tried this particular GOOGLE search again. Guess what came up?

THIS IS WHAT

Yeah, they've got a picture and everything. I'm now part of a film festival family (or something). I just thought that it was interesting that this festival, which I've mentioned before through several of these updates, is paying such a great deal of attention to film makers... and more specifically our little film. Anthony should get some credit here as well but I'll make sure that he gets his due respects as soon as I get out there to the festival. I don't like it when I get left out, so I'll make sure that everyone gets their "props," YO. Anyway, that's the only film related note of mention I could think of. It's been pretty slow lately. Yeah, I still need to work on storyboards. The script is finished. Oh, hell. I just remembered.
A friend here at work just happened to mention that he was having dinner with John Hardy. Mr. Hardy served as Executive Producer on a number of films as of late... more specifically he works very closely with Steven Soderbergh. So, for this dinner meeting (that eventually turned into a few days worth of visits), I made sure to have available a copy of ACSL and the latest script that Rusted Sun Films will be working on. You've got to take a chance every now and then. I don't know if I'll ever hear anything back from such a chance "hand-off" but I would have never even had the chance if I didn't give him anything. Of course, there were a handful of other documents and such from other individuals lumped in with my package. Sometimes competition can stifle strong movements... I don't want to speak poorly of others attempts at connections or hopes of breakthrough. I would have jumped on the same wagon. Hell, I was in the wagon.
On any note, keep your fingers crossed. These things don't usually pan out but at least Mr. Hardy had enough faith and vision in Steven Soderbergh to help him out and stick with him. Who's to say that I couldn't find a mentor through him as well? For some reason the Beach Boys just jumped into my head. "Wouldn't it be nice?" Reminds me of the long car trips from Mississippi to Wichita, KS (all we were allowed to listed to for the trip was the safe tunes of the Beach Boys... and their entire library of music... but I digress). Good things... good things...
-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home