Thursday, May 26, 2005

naps, reshoots, and more parties

Okay... sick of me bitching about no sleep and too much work and whah whah whah... I'm a cry baby. Or as Anthony might say, "And egotistical crybaby." Things get really f-ing weird without sleep. My brain hurts and I can't make heads or tails of anything that might have made the slightest bit of sense before and the things that seem terribly mad and monstrous make me laugh violent bursts of delirium... because they make heavenly perfect sense and I know that deep down these acts of random craziness aren't supposed to make sense... they're evil... and I know it... but I don't care because my eyes are on fire and the fluorescent lightbulbs overhead are screaming an electric chorus of demon lullabys.
Yeah... catching up on sleep is hard these days but I'm getting a few extra minutes here and there. It makes for some interesting film making, insane dialogue, and plots for a better tomorrow.
With all of these late nights, there have been a call for re-shoots. I've had to make sure that it wasn't because I was crazed and the acting was terrible. Apparently the acting was right on or at the very least "good." I hope so, anyway... that's what I'm being told. However, the reshoots involve some of the intricate party scenes. We shot those scenes for three long nights... drank a hell of a lot of beer (it's the only thing we can use to pay the extras with... though in retrospect we might have been wiser to give them the money we spent on the beer... we might have gotten off cheaper).
So, more parties over at my house. My neighbors are sure to come to the conclusion that a madman is ruining the neighborhood with latenight parties and hordes of degenerates piling cigarette butts and empty beer cans on the lawn. We should have kept all of the garbage scattered across the lawn just for the party exteriors. I think that I'll have to make mention of that for the night that we actually shoot the exteriors... plenty of "logo-less" party cups and all sorts of drunken mess strewn about the exterior of a midtown townhouse apartment. Well, that's not for a few days anyway. I'm sure to catch up on a bit of sleep sooner or later... I guess I'll chase down a fine rum drunk or something. There is nothing quite like a great rum drunk climbing up from the base of your spine and pouring sweat across your brow. You'll soon understand pirate mentality. Johnny Depp does a damned dead on impression of a Rum drunk...
It's hard to make a good pirate movie these days... however, they don't have to worry about Bud Light cans littering the yard... or cigarette butts for that matter. And if they want to sleep all they have to do is bake in the sun. Oh, George Lucas sucks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home