Wednesday, June 15, 2005

general understanding, bats, and screwy friends

Okay, as I'm working on casting for Rusted Sun Films next project titled, Divine Manipulation of the Threads, I'm running into a few heartwrenching problems. There are a lot of people that we will need for this project. Not all of them will be starring or featured parts. Not everyone will be able to have a great amount of screen time, but I can say that certain people will have some. I want to include as many of these great actors and great friends in this project... however, I'm not able to squeeze all of them in and keep to the integrity of what I think will be a great film. Okay, it's a comedy... Okay, it's a misleading heist film... Okay, I should write more female parts...
I can promise to put certain people in scenes. It may not be the part they read for... it may not be as involved as they would like. All I can add to resolve some of those thoughts would be-- "Don't waste my time with attitude problems." Everyone is doing this free... for the love of the game. None of us have time to deal with prima donnas, glory hogs, or bitchy little actors/actresses that feel that their (free) talents are better than a couple of lines. Those that decide to work with us will be taking on a task that will become a great indie film. They will grow to be part of the family that is Rusted Sun Films. Most indie films have merely a handful of roles. We've jumped to 30 plus roles. That's a feat all unto itself... just casting those roles is a huge pain in the ass. Some people may want to help out as background or even crew. I hope that people will be interested enough in our little film group to do that and not just "play actor" in front of a camera. I'm don't want to hurt people's feelings. I know that eventually it's going to come down to that... pride will get bruised (including my own)... some people may drop out leaving the doors open for another talented and eager individual to take their place...
One hard lesson to learn in this game is that you can "always be replaced." So, when you get a position that you like... work hard to keep it.
On another note, I'm glad to see that my friends have been keeping themselves amused long enough to taunt me... Or maybe they really hate me... (together now) "That's What Friends are For"... They keep you grounded and full of shit at the same time.
So, I've got to go see Batman Begins tonight. I'm hearing great reviews. I expect it to be just as exciting as the 1989 version of Batman. Of course, I was a wee bit younger then, and I didn't have great expectations... but Jack Nicholson kicked mucho ass portraying The Joker. Rumor has it that Mark "Skywalker" Hammill might be getting a shake at the wild smiling villian this time around. That might actually spark another career great for the guy. I wish him all of the best... I mean, he kind of gets type cast with the Star Wars thing. Maybe now that the last three (prequel) films have blown bantha poodoo he will finally be able to slip out from under the cloud that is George Lucas. Harrison Ford did it, why not 'ole Luke... I mean... Mark... damn.
Film schedules are getting shifted here and there. It's finally dawned on me that there are a lot of indie projects going on this summer. I'm going to have to get moving on DMoftheT if we're going to make it before the end of the year. Time to start crackin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home