Friday, June 10, 2005

an A-lister, in my dreams...

So, I guess Brad Pitt was actually pissed off about that "Brangelina" crack I made... because he showed up in my dream last night. We were just kind of hanging out at a beach house with a small group of people. I was very cautious not to agitate him because he was already mad about the comment I made on my blog... I know?! What the hell is that about? To make it even weirder, a few nights back I had a dream that I was hanging out with Brad Pitt in an airport.
I mean, it might make sense that every where you look these days "The Pitt" is all over magazines, television, movie posters, etc. etc... so much that I'm hanging out with him in my dreams. So, I can be an A-lister one day... or at least night...
Did I mention that I have this power to dream things and then they actually come to life? Yeah, it's kind of like deja vu but not exactly. Ask Christine or my brothers, it happens, it's weird and now I get to hang out with Brad Pitt somewhere down the road... but not tonight... unless he wants to be an extra in Robert Saba's film.
We're shooting in Robert's cramped kitchen this evening. We're re-shooting and changing locations on certain scenes that should piece together in editing somewhere down the line. Again, it's fun to just be acting for a change. I make suggestions and comments from a directors' point of view and they're usually ignored (laugh a little, Robert)... but I just get to sit back and act for a short time. Problem is, I don't know if I'm any good at it... I'll just try to give them what I think that they might want, or what I would do in that situation. Acting is acting... directing is complicated, frustrating, and at the end of the day you're not really sure what just happened... but something is on tape (or film). So, that's my Friday night plan... I guess I'll have to wait until later to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Maybe BP can bring some other A-listers to hang out with... like Clooney or Johnny Depp... we'll sit on a patio, drink rum and talk about Rock Music... then promise to do a film together. Which reminds me....
I need to write an open letter to Paul Newman. This will be the first time that I publicly beg for money that I don't deserve. I wish that some how, some way, Mr. Newman would find it in his heart of hearts to throw a little bit of money my way so that I might make a great Indie Film on the cheap. It won't take much at all. We've made a great film (A Cowboy's Silver Lining) on no money what so ever. Just imagine what 20 grand would do... hell, 10 grand. Rusted Sun Films has never made a dime on anything that we've ever done. Anthony has probably gone 10 thousand dollars in the hole from buying bits and pieces of equipment and hardware to build all of this home-made stuff. I think that he would appreciate the kind of drive and vision that we have... that we want to change the way people look at films... change the way films are made...
I'm a fan of his Ranch dressing... could he be a fan of my films? Maybe I'll talk to dreamland Brad Pitt to see if we can arrange a meeting.
Not getting enough sleep is making me crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home