Tuesday, April 05, 2005

planning ahead for trouble...

Remember that Vegas story I told you about? No? Well check about two or three stories down, I'll wait. Back? Good. Okay, so the Vegas story was a mad drunk of five days running. I'm not sure how we made it out of there alive. Well, I'm not sure if anyone has ever made a connection of similarities between Las Vegas, Nevada and Muskogee, Oklahoma. So, I'll be the first. Here's what I expect:
A movie screening. A cheap hotel. Lots of booze. Trying to remember exactly what the hell happened for the last three days. A five and a half hour drive home.
That's the quick version. Here's the important part--"A Movie Screening." The Bare Bones International Independent Film Festival is taking place this month. Our film A Cowboy's Silver Lining will be screening at the film festival on a Friday night (7:30pm Friday April 22nd at The Roxy). We're up for a couple of awards, including: BEST MALE ACTOR -Ralph Hatley, BEST ENSEMBLE CAST, BEST FIRST FEATURE -Bevan B. Bell (I'll have to share it with Anthony by the way), and BEST INDIE AUTEUR -Bevan B. Bell (I do a lot). A little bird told me about the Ensemble Cast Nomination. I'm cool with that. I'm actually a little disappointed that I didn't hear anything about BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY. I do pride myself in being a photographer with a vision... but I would also say that I'm a better editor that shooter... or maybe it works well both ways. Timing is a huge piece of it... but I'm rambling.
For those of you that actually give a crap, or would like to make the trip out to Muskogee, OK with us I would recommend you checking out the Festival website located here"

http://barebonesfilmfest00.tripod.com

There is information on lodging, the festival schedule, nominations, and all sorts of other goodies. Apparently I'm going to be on the Indie Auteur Panel early Saturday Morning. I hope that through my manic slurs of a hangover I can make a good pitch on why people should vote for me. Maybe I'll just stay drunk... that way I'll be charismatic and somewhat of a salesman. God knows I can't do it sober. Maybe that will make it as another portion of this book project I keep talking about.

-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home