Wednesday, June 29, 2005

on the road again...

Speaking of On the Road, I'd love to be involved in making that book into a film. There are a couple of other Kerouac books that I'd absolutely be thrilled with adapting into a two hour misadventure but this in not the reason to add to the rants and raves page today. I will be taking my own mad adventures back to San Francisco for a few days with a stop off at Tucson before hand. You see, when you have a girl friend that you spend a great deal of time with, eventually you'll have to do something to make a birthday more exciting than the previous year. This year I'm traveling to go see her family and friends for a 10 day stint across the desert, mountains, and bay-- through a maze of airports, screaming kids, and no sleep.
In the meantime I'll be missing a great concert here in Memphis... see Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson are playing at the ballpark on Friday. This may be my last chance to see either one of them... but I can't make it... love conquers all (and then doesn't let go because there is democracy but no freedom). However, this old boy has had to scale down his midnight craziness... for with growing years comes the price of tougher rebounds. Those recuperation hours drag on into days... and I'm getting too old to deal with it.
If I had some time, money, and a camera I would start my cross-country documentary (which I'll not give any more information about because I would hate for some kid that has time and unlimited resources to steal my idea and take it to the festivals to win award after award and contract after winning contract). It unfortunately they don't really like it too much when you've got a video camera out on a plane... it's always a bad omen and the start of a terrible made for TV movies about the tragic plane flight that never made it. I'm not ready for that bend around the corner... there's still some fight in this old dog and I plan to give it to each and every scrappy bastard in the neighborhood.
On this trip, there might be a chance to go see a couple of films. Unfortunately, as I've mentioned days earlier in the blog all of the films we're being force fed this summer are re-makes. So, I'll suck up the hype and go see War of the Worlds. I'm a little frightened that it's going to suck because all of the publicity that "The Cruise" has done for the film has either involved proclamations of a strange new love, threats to psychology, threats to post-pardem depression, ridilin, being a scientologist, and every other little tid-bit that you could ever imagine Tom Cruise would go madly insane about... everything except for the film that he just finished. Therefore, I'm a little skeptical of going to see this film. Oh, and I've heard that Bewitched is "charming" but a little bland.
Anyway, I'll be out of town for a while. I don't know if I'll get to post from out West... so don't count on it. Maybe if you buy me a beer when I get back I'll let you in on all of the secrets.

-B

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy ya a beer or JD & Coke?

Arnie

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home