Monday, June 20, 2005

the ZERO dollar question

I didn't get to count how many times I was asked, "So, have you guys made any decisions on casting for your next movie?" I didn't really count because it was coming from all directions and all sorts of different times during the day... and previous week. That seems to be the biggest query on some of the minds of actors and film makers alike for the time being. I'm ready to get moving on this project too. I don't want to make all of the decisions by myself, however. There has to be a group decision on this project because it has to have everyone on the same page in order to work the way that I want it to work. A lot of people have offered assistance as well as feigned some sort of interest in the up and coming project that seems to be stuck somewhere in pre-production.
I could make excuses and pull this little game of no answers on forever... but as I was told this weekend, "There are a few things up in the air." So... we're still figuring a couple of the details out. We do have some people locked into verbal agreements for parts... those are the easy decisions and the parts that were written for specific actors. Some of the other parts have been agreed upon, yet not expressed to the actors yet (assuming that they still want them). All in all, it's come to the point where it's up to "us" to make the first move, the big announcement, and get this ball rolling into production meetings and eventually the "FIRST BIG SHOOT."
That's a fun day... to start your own production. It's also frightening as hell because once you jump in that rocket, you're not allowed to come back home until the mission is over. I've got some great ideas, some fun places to start, and some locations to still lock down.
To tell you the truth, we've all been a little distracted lately with "other stuff." Some of it may be jobs, some of it may be other productions, some of it may be producing shows... We took a couple of different directions and kind of pushed a few papers off of the coffee table for a while. Those things happen. Right now, I'm looking for those papers again because they need another good look. We should announce something very soon. The ZERO (no budget, remember?) dollar question will be answered shortly.
I wrapped up a minor acting role this Sunday. I think that there may be another little shot or two in the near future... but there are no lines, nothing to rehearse, etc. etc. Next will be a little guest-directing stint on Third Wheel Date and shooting more with Robert Saba. However, I'm going to grab the reigns on Divine Manipulation of the Threads and start moving the buggy into the horizon. Happy Trails to you....
-B

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blah, Blah, Blah... whatever.
You get a link on my website too!

- d

(look under resume/bio)

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bevo,
Quit writing about me. It's embarrassing.

Gotta go, I'm late for the morning meeting as usual.

Love,
Stinky

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there buddy. A rocket ride can be a long one! Take your time and do it right.... make sure it isn't a one-way trip, if you know what I mean. I'll be on Mars waiting on ya, with a bottle of Jack...

Arnie

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home