Tuesday, July 05, 2005

leaving on a jet plane...

I hate that song, someone in an airport bar got it stuck in my head. However, all of this traveling through stale and weathered airports to rocket fueled people missiles crammed with screaming babies and blathering idiots all in the grand idea to spend a birthday party with family and friends for the span of 10 or so days is kind of worth all of the trouble. I won't complain too much, the vacation time is well worth all of the bitchy discomfort that is otherwise known as the "work week." Though, as I sat cramped in my glorified pontoon boat chair I imagined what it would be like if some disaster had been sparked in the cabin of the plane. I imagined everyone drenched in white hot panic rushing towards an exit of some sort... overweight people moving in lightning fast knee jerk reaction from fear of death. Imagine about 157 hamsters being forced through a flaming papertowel tube at the same time. When one hampster freaks out and gets jammed up through the exit, passes out from smoke inhalation, and then kills the rest of the furry little rodents. I guess that I'd just have to sit back in my velcro covered seat and wait for the inevitable blow of death.
It's a little morbid but at least I'm having a great vacation so far... even with the sunburn that the state of Arizona had bestowed upon me in an early morning fury... and if you thought that Memphis was hot just take a moment to bake in the massive oven that is Tucson (110 degrees in the shade).
So now, Christine and I are having a great time in San Fran... having gotten excessively inebriated, ordered 80 dollars worth of Indian food, had a couple more people watch A Cowboy's Silver Lining and somewhere in the middle managed to catch a fireworks show. Having watched the film again, I now realize how amazingly dark that little film is. I'm quite proud of it now that I realized that we've made a film that really screws with people's minds. Hopefully the next one will make people laugh... We'll work on that when I get back from vacation. Good things are on the way kids... good things.
-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home